Mississippi County Courthouse, Blytheville, Arkansas
Renovations to the existing building and a significant addition began in January, 2020.
Almost lost from years of neglect, the house was restored to its appearance in the late 1930's. The Cash family was one of a few fortunate Arkansas farming families selected for the new Dyess Colony, located in Mississippi County in northeast Arkansas in 1935. The project owes its success to the tenacity of leaders at Arkansas State University as well as the commitment from Cash family members.
Long a goal of the Historic Arkansas Museum, located in downtown Little
Rock, this project involved design and construction of an 1840's period blacksmith shop. Intensely researched and executed by skilled tradesmen, the structure is open for tourists interested in learning about this vital nineteenth century craft.
The dream of nationally recognized gardening expert & television personality, P. Allen Smith, this is a totally new home designed and meticulously detailed in the Greek Revival style.